Centres of Excellence, or Competency or Capability Centres as they are also called, are increasingly being used by organisations to focus a team with a particular set of competencies or capabilities in a particular function, to lead and support best practice to drive business and customer value.
In the Software Quality Assurance and Testing area, these are referred to as Test Centres of Excellence (TCoE) or Quality Centres of Excellence (QCoE). Centres of Excellence have certain characteristics:
- Defined and managed best practice frameworks
- A skilled, dedicated core team
- Career paths, professional development and performance management
- Flexible resource pools often with third-party partners
- Integrated toolset to support and enable best practice
- Reusable assets and accelerators
- Test environment management
- Metrics and Service Levels
- Innovation and continuous improvement
QCoE and TCoE in a Modern World
The development of a Centre of Excellence for Testing/Quality is often a significant part of the overall software quality journey for an organisation. A CoE may be a clearly demonstrable output or objective of a programme and can act as a focus for consolidating, standardising or streamlining the overall software quality operating model in an organisation. All this is done to achieve better quality more economically. The Metisure© framework provides comprehensive support for the development of a QCoE/TCoE
This role will see the successful candidate responsible for the architect of our clients Mobile App solutions which meet business and technical requirements across Android, iOS and Hybrid technologies.
- Create and implement the Mobile technology roadmap
- Lead the mobile development team
- Knowledge and awareness of emerging mobile technologies
- Working in an agile team
- Engage with other technical leaders across Architecture, Payments and Security
Automation Tester - Contract, Dublin City Centre
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of the leading global Information Solutions companies.
This role will see the successful candidate responsible for analysing requirements, writing test scripts, executing test scenarios and resolution!
This role will see the successful candidate join the existing development team in creating interactive experiences for the clients’ customers.
- Design and improve development processes
- Design, test and implement complex software applications
- Work with the technology team to maintain applications
- Multi-task and deliver high quality work
This role will see the successful candidate take responsibility for development and support.
You will work closely with customers, delivering process improvements and participate in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Analysing business needs
- Delivering multi-tier solutions
- Ensuring all programs are tested and documented
This role will see the successful candidate managing and contribute to supplier relationship management, effective cost management and operational efficiency across assigned projects.
You will work closely with IS Vendor Management to ensure benefits of any global agreements and insure the Supplier Lifecycle is followed.
What you need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Procurement & Contracts role
- Significant experience in the negotiation of complex contracts
- Experience in coordinating cross functional teams
This role will see the successful candidate working alongside a team on high level application development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Java, JEE applications for the end client.